<VV> Pre Oiling

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu Jan 11 15:06:05 EST 2007

Ah, yet another reason to have an electric fuel pump...

My electric fuel pump has a oil pressure cut out. So, after the car sits for a while (or the carbs are otherwise drain of fuel) the engine needs to crank for a while to build oil pressure. Once that happens the fuel will be delivered to the carbs and then the engine will start. Typically, this all take about 10-15 seconds with only the first 3-5 seconds with the OP light on.

Ned