<VV> Re: Florida Rust

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Jan 11 17:13:52 EST 2007

>What a shame that they're in Florida where they will quickly turn to rust.

Back in the days when everyone lived on the beach, this may have been true,
however the interior is now populated. I live over 50 miles from the
nearest open salt water (deliberately). Last year I sold a 1990 Bonneville
that we bought when new. Part of the decider was a shot of the
undercarriage. It did not even had rust where all Bonnes had rust. I have
become used to removing exhaust manifolds without breaking anything off.

Now cars driven on the beaches (particuarly in the surf) near Daytona have
a life expectancy measured in months not years but not here.

Padgett