<VV> RE: RE: HB 2465 - Annual Fees & Inspections for Antiques

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Jan 12 10:15:37 EST 2007

From: Frank DuVal <corvairduval at cox.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> RE: HB 2465 - Annual Fees & Inspections for Antiques

And who would take a $135k car to an 18 year old with 3 hours of
experience????

That 18 year old with only 3 hours could not have an inspectors license
here in VA.

Frank DuVal
Well I was 17 when I got my inspection license. But did not have ANY votech
training, just practical experience working in a small garage in a small
town. Interestingly enough I had a Corvair for a beater car, so I became
the resident corvair expert. Amazing how much business one in the parking
lot would draw. The boss was restoring a 67 Corvette, so we got to work on
a lot of Corvettes as well. Including rear axel bearings on them. Over the
years I recall working on Jaguars, and a lot of other high dollar cars. But
back then it was mostly common sense mechanicals.
Most fun was "test driving" cars I could only dream of owning, including a
LOT of Muscle cars...........

Gary Swiatowy