<VV> RE: Inspections for Antique/Emissions

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Jan 12 12:24:49 EST 2007

As for the emissions, at least here in NY, the Feds put a gun to our heads
saying they would withhold federal highway dollars if the emissions was not
put into place. NY dragged its feet for several years luckily as they were
poised to hire some out of state contractorws to set up emissions stations
throughout the state with chassis dynos that we would have been mandated to
go to. For those in outlying areas it could mean a drive of over an hour
and long waits to get done. As it is the technology being used was long
outdated before being used, meaning jam ups with the phone lines at the
states end, so you have to twiddle your thumbs and wait................
I hate the Check engine BS.
My 98 Subaru has had the light on for 4 years now and I have to fool with
it to get it off just long enough to get through inspection for another
year. Car still gets 28MPG and smells fine..............
Gary Swiatowy