<VV> RE: Inspections for Antique/Emissions

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Jan 12 17:43:10 EST 2007

At 09:24 AM 1/12/2007, you wrote:
>I hate the Check engine BS.
>My 98 Subaru has had the light on for 4 years now and I have to fool with
>it to get it off just long enough to get through inspection for another
>year. Car still gets 28MPG and smells fine..............

Not entirely sure a bout new Subarus but the older ones had that
light come on automatically at 30,000 mile increments to get you to
bring the car in for "service" at your friendly neighborhood Subaru
dealership which is the only place you can find a diagnostics
computer that's programmed to turn the damned light off.

tony..