<VV> RE: HB 2465 - Annual Fees & Inspections for Antiques

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Fri Jan 12 12:56:12 EST 2007

When I was doing my NASA/Langley co-oping in the Hampton Roads area in
the mid 1970s, VA had a horrible reputation for ripoffs related to the
inspections.  Are they still done  by shops that sell parts or is it
govt now?  There were plenty of horror stories about failing perfectly
good tires just so they could sell some not so cognizant lady or
elderly person a set, etc.

They never would pass my headers on my 66 Corvair...saying that they
leaked...whether they did or not...and they didn't look...being from
out of state I didn't absolutely have to have the inspection to drive
in VA except that NASA wanted it for their on-site registration.  NASA
(ie, fed govt) basically instructed us as to how to get around the VA
state govt requirements and I drove there for a total of a year without
ever passing inspection.

Mark Noakes
66 Monza
61 Lakewood