<VV> 140 woes...

Mark Edmonds ctmle at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 13 07:37:50 EST 2007

I'm pretty new at this stuff but here area my two cents.
  Seems to me a bad coil etc. would show up on any/all cylinders not just one side.
  Again, if that side fires OK at some point, it seems it is fuel related not spark related.

  A while back I had one side that would not run at idle but would come in once the throttle was opened.  Was a plugged idle circuit - I took the carb apart and blew out the idle circuit and that fixed the problem.  I suppose it could be some other problem with the primary carb on that side if it does not fire up until you get on the throttle enough to open the secondary carb.  If the main jet is plugged the accel pump would still work.

  I have also had one side flood out so it would not run at that side.  At that point raw gas was spitting out of the tail pipe.  The choke had stuck closed.

  Good luck - Mark

Cash Case <cash.case at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Hi guys. I hope someone can help me.
I've gotten my '65 140 on the road.
I drove it for about 30 miles the other day. after about 20 miles it
started to run a bit rough. I felt the exhaust and by the way it
behaved, I could tell that my 3 drive's side cylinders were not
firing. I took out the plugs and checked them. They seemed ok. The
plugs are gaped at 30. They are new. the wires are new. The carbs all
squirts a jet of gas when I move the linkages. There is a good spark
coming out of the distributor.

When I step on the gas at some point the driver's cylinders start
firing, or at least that's what i think is happening.

The coil is old and so is the regulator.

Any ideas?
-Cash