<VV> Bleeders

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sat Jan 13 11:07:53 EST 2007

From: "Andy Clark"
SYou're not bursting my bubble; in fact you're wrong.
When bleeding the brake cylinder, one LOOSENS the bleeder screw, so that the
"cone-shaped end" is NOT in contact with its sealing surface. The
application of vacuum to the open end of the bleeder screw results in the
drawing of fluid and air out of the cylinder. The level of vacuum necessary
to evacuate the fluid/air mixture is more than enough to draw air in past
the bleeder screw threads.