<VV> On Board Diagnostics

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Jan 13 10:35:57 EST 2007

>  Now,  I  am not saying that the Corvair  should somehow have the On
> Board Diagnostic  sensors  added.

It is possible that one I have time for such, a computer controlled FI
(throttle body from a 3.1 Lumina etc) might find its way onto my Corvair.
In that case I would definitely want the diagnostics, Part of the reason
modern cars get 30+ mpg is because of the sensors and full feedback
control. If the diagnostics and trouble codes were not there, the only
indication would be the mpg going into the toilet.

Since buying the Monza I have had to resurrect a number of diagnostic tools
I had not used in years.

Padgett