<VV> soooooobies etc (really about EFI)

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sat Jan 13 14:10:18 EST 2007

<snip>Since I work on f/i vehicles OBD11 everyday, has anybody tried
adapting a subaru or even the dreaded Porsche injection to a Vair?  Maybe a
Pre-OBD1 batch -fire system?  Just curious what's out there, not that the
wife will ever let me modify her car.
Devin <unsnip>

"Dreaded" Porsche system?   Hmm... At any rate, several vehicles have been
converted using OE EFI components.  The first was Milt Binion in the
mid-eighties, who did five 140 engines using 280Z (Bosch license) hardware.
I have one of these engines and it runs fantastically well. I think I was
the second person to adapt OE hardware, I converted a 140 using GM 2.8 PFI
equipment and it runs very well too. (Both donor engines were 2.8L).  The
280Z equipment is based on a Vane-airflow meter and the GM system is
speed-density (no MAF).  I have seen one other conversion that used a GM
throttle body injector - likely from an early 90's S-10 (2.8 or 3.1L V6) I'd
estimate that there are 10-20 EFI Corvairs running around.
Here are links to pictures of my EFI engines:
http://members.aol.com/nicolcs/
(See links at bottom of page)