<VV> soooooobies etc (really about EFI)

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 20:19:39 EST 2007

                                   B"H

Craig:  You car is really stunning!  I really like
that Evening Orchid color, my fav 65 Chevy color.

I notice that your car has a modern (1980s type) Chevy
steering wheel.  Did you change the entire steering
column, or keep the original column and just change
the wheel?

I'm curious, as the modern column would have the
energy absorbing feature, something the original 65
model didn't have...Bill H.

"Dreaded" Porsche system?   Hmm... At any rate,
several vehicles have
been
converted using OE EFI components.  The first was Milt
Binion in the
mid-eighties, who did five 140 engines using 280Z
(Bosch license)
hardware.
I have one of these engines and it runs fantastically
well. I think I
was
the second person to adapt OE hardware, I converted a
140 using GM 2.8
PFI
equipment and it runs very well too. (Both donor
engines were 2.8L).
The
280Z equipment is based on a Vane-airflow meter and
the GM system is
speed-density (no MAF).  I have seen one other
conversion that used a
GM
throttle body injector - likely from an early 90's
S-10 (2.8 or 3.1L
V6) I'd
estimate that there are 10-20 EFI Corvairs running
around.
Here are links to pictures of my EFI engines:
http://members.aol.com/nicolcs/