<VV> Brake update

Matthew Klopfer corvairdroptop at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 00:37:38 EST 2007

Thank you for all of the responses. I appreciate it greatly and realize what a resource this community is.

I could have taken the line off to check fluid flow, if the fittings weren't as round as a dinner plate. For the left side I had to file those lines off and then use the Bolt-Out to obliterate the fittings. I think it's very likely that the hose was the problem, as I knocked it around pretty well during my (failed) attempt to replace it as preventive maintenance, incidentally...around the last time the brakes actually worked correctly.

So I sold the car today...with three working brakes. Hey, that's a majority!

The guy agreed to buy it as I was literally underneath it ready to take the gas tank out. I really didn't have the time to replace the brake line and hose, and I don't have another cylinder on hand. So, I get to go back to school tomorrow morning and he has a car.

So...who wants to sell me another Corvair? I'm in need of one now!

Matt
1968 Monza 110 Convertible (PG).......once upon a time

P.S.: Selling the car was always on the long-term agenda, anyway. I'll be going into the Navy later this year, at which point I might be more keen on arresting cables than hydraulic brakes!