<VV> 65 4 spd backup switch

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Jan 14 20:33:00 EST 2007

My backup lights on my 65 have become intermittent.  They sometimes work and sometimes not. Usually if they come on, they'll go out as I'm backing.  Or if they don't come on, they will as I back up.  It shifts into reverse just fine so I'm thinking it's the switch.  I'm considering goint to the switch that isn't in the transmission.  They're cheaper by a lot than the  replacement one that's on the bottom of the transission.

Does anyone have any experience with these?  It just seems like a good idea to move the switch away from the bottom of the transmision and I like the idea of saving money.  Plus, I don't have to worry about all that stinky trans fluid dripping on my face.  Opine away VV...