<VV> Re: 64 Spyder vert

Dale Gillilan shorinjin at gmx.net
Wed Jan 17 19:17:37 EST 2007

>> It's in the middle of a LONG (way too long) "frame-off" restoration
> Do I smell a scammer here.....  next step in his life might be the
> gallows!!

Now, why would you call me a scammer?  The reason I put "frame-off"
in quotes was to indicate it should NOT be taken literally, and that
I was applying a colloquialism to a context where it did not
literally fit .  That, I believe, is a standard grammatical approach.

But, since I did not make myself clear, let me restate it.  I have
removed every nut and bolt that I can from the vehicle, and am
restoring/repairing/replacing all the parts I can, to get it as close
to original condition as I can.  I believe, that is the intent, if
not the definition of a "frame-off restoration", whether a frame
exists or not.  It is indicative of the effort involved in the
restoration and the type of restoration activity, NOT the existence
of a frame.

My intent was to say that I had tackled a project that was probably
bigger than I wanted and has definitely lasted longer than I wanted
or intended.  I tried to do it in a "shorthand" version (don't take
that literally -- I don't know shorthand.......  the quotes are
intended to communicate that I'm taking a little artistic license
with the term....).  I guess I should have taken more time to be more
careful with my communication....   geeeez, I didn't expect to be
called a scammer!

Dale