<VV> RE: Corvair Axle Plant - was political-now a reminder

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Jan 18 16:32:58 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/18/2007 4:07:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
yenko117 at yahoo.com writes:

<<Not quite dying off per se, more like  exterminated!>>

Yeah.....
Much like the Passenger Pigeon... there used to be so many of those birds
that a flock of them flying over could block out the sun on a summer day! The
last known Passenger Pigeon died at the Cincinnati Zoo around 1914... which
just  happens to be close to the location of the WINTER SWAP being hosted by the
Corvair Club of Cincinnati THIS SATURDAY!!!! <nice segue,  huh?>

Why am I pushing this issue? My buddy Roger (who is very lucky to be with  us
after some of the health issues he's had in the last few years) is the fellow
 in charge, and this is the clubs biggest fund raisers for the rest of  the
year... these guys were the first guys I came into contact with when I  bought
my first Corvair 17 years ago... these guys are like family... (but  that's
not saying much, since I have a brother in prison and a sister on the run  from
the law... maybe they ARE like family!) <VBG>

Anyway, this is a great thing to go to if you want to get hyped up about
your cars... there's ALL kinds of things there... so come out and see what's
going on...... I've been told someone might buy me lunch if I show up... then
again, that *could* be two White Castle hamburgers...
:-)
I've estimated a full tank of diesel in the Jetta will get me there  and
back... so I'm leaning towards possibly going...

Anyway, I'll let this get back to being a political/environmental  issue...
<VBG>

Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg