<VV> Inspection and Emissions

Eric Kirven efki at gte.net
Thu Jan 18 22:03:16 EST 2007

 I would normally edited the initial postings....

I needed an EGR valve for my pick up. The first two were $25.00. After
the ten year period the government mandates for smog equipment to be
available the price on the same valve in the same box (well JR not the
very same valve and box as I all ready had them) went to $168.00. I took
the 2 or 3 hours to take mine apart, clean and reassemble. What would
some who doesn't work on their vehicle do but send the money for the new
one. Seems a little excessive

Eric

Bill H. wrote:

                                        B"H

Guy, true that the Government imposes requirements.
But $2300 for an EXHAUST PIPE?!?!?! (oh, I forgot to
tell you it has a valve that opens and closes with
vacuum from a separate little motor and a tiny vacuum
hose attached to the pipe.  The motor and hose aren't
included)...Bill H.

Hi Bill,

I have to disagree with you about the emission stuff
just to make a
profit for dealers and manufactures, they are mandated
by state and
federal government.  I will admit that both the
manufacture and dealers
do make a profit on the repairs but that is on the
vehicle as a whole,
and the cars are getting more and more technical and
complicated in
order to meet regulated emissions and fuel economy
standards.

Regards,

Guy Brandes