<VV> RE: B-J Vair sales / 1968 vert

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Fri Jan 19 22:22:14 EST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 4:50 PM, Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per wrote:

> The important point here is the this auction house pretends to know
> cars, and I can't help but wonder how they misrepresent other cars, to
> people who trust them.
>
> Do they have contacts at various car clubs to authenticate the cars in
> their auctions, or do they not want to know what's wrong.
>
> Did they contact anyone in CORSA regarding these two, or other,
> Corvairs up for auction ?
>
> Buyer beware, I guess, but there must be some right to expectation of
> accuracy ?
>
> They sound like typical car salesmen who need to sell what they have,
> and not what they (or their customers) wish they had.

I looked at the '68 on the B-J web site before the auction. I wasn't
very impressed with it. I could see several things that weren't
"right"...

BUT... was this car represented as being original? Completely stock?
Totally and correctly restored?

There are lots of cars sold on B-J that are modified. This '68 surely
was one of them. When I read the copy for it, I don't remember it being
represented as anything it wasn't.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
President, CORSA South Carolina