<VV> RE: B-J Vair sales / 1968 vert

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sat Jan 20 16:59:08 EST 2007

At 01:50 PM 1/19/2007, Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per wrote:
>The important point here is the this auction house pretends to know
>cars, and I can't help but wonder how they misrepresent other cars,
>to people who trust them.

They refer anyone who has issue with a purchase to the "fine print".

>Do they have contacts at various car clubs to authenticate the cars
>in their auctions, or do they not want to know what's wrong.

Fine print again.   They talk about what they know, but it's the
buyer's responsibility to make sure they know what they're
doing.   Also keep in mind that what you hear from the show hosts on
TV is for entertainment value and the buyers don't hear it.

>Did they contact anyone in CORSA regarding these two, or other,
>Corvairs up for auction ?

Very unlikely, probably have no idea who to contact or how.

>Buyer beware, I guess, but there must be some right to expectation
>of accuracy ?

Again, responsibility for researching the vehicle falls ultimately
upon the purchaser.    Anyone can scream "BJ ripped me off!" but in
the end, the courts would toss it out... that fine print
again.    Nobody twisted anyone's arm to make them bid.

>They sound like typical car salesmen who need to sell what they
>have, and not what they (or their customers) wish they had.

Exactly.   It's all about money.   They do get paid.

tony..