<VV> Fwd: engine noise

Bob Gilbert traceya at montrose.net
Sat Jan 20 13:26:33 EST 2007

--- In fastvair at yahoogroups.com, Bob Gilbert <traceya at ...> wrote:

Howdy All,

I have a friend who had his Vair worked on by a non Vair mechanic.
Engine ran fine before the work was done. A new clutch was installed and
now there is a knocking noise. Checked all crank and bell housing bolts
and none are rubbing. The sound is a kind of solid thunk. Not as solid
as a rod bearing knock and lighter than valve train noise. There is no
rubbing felt when I rotate the engine by hand. I am not sure how far
into the engine they went but I am trying to find out. Can the separator
plate be installed upside down? Just an idea before I tear it down.

Thanks,
Bob

--- End forwarded message ---
I should have posted this here first.