<VV> Early Spyder fuel return

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sat Jan 20 16:14:06 EST 2007

At 08:45 PM 1/19/2007, Frank DuVal wrote:
>Yes, as others have said it helps keep the gasoline circulating from
>the hot engine compartment back to the gas tank to help with vapor
>lock problems.
>
>And I'll also be in the Smitty column with no regulator ever run on
>a YH since 1976. Mine or customer cars. But they have been in the
>Clark's catalog since about then.

I haven't done it yet... but I'd be curious to see exactly what the
fuel pressure differences are *at the carb* between a pump with no
return line and a pump with.    Then, if in fact the return line does
NOT drop fuel pressure a bit, those who say the return line has no
effect on a YH carb can gloat...

tony..