<VV> steering wheel play

Borrrris at aol.com Borrrris at aol.com
Sat Jan 20 20:49:31 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/20/2007 9:10:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
corvair at fnader.com writes:

get a  good alignment (to
modern specs, not to the original specs which were for  bias ply tires).
It's relatively rare that you need to replace/rebuild the  'box itself....

Bill

I just had an alignment done and thought I was really on top  of things by
first copying the specs out of an old Cliltons manual to give the  tech  -
figuring he wouldn't have a reference for a 40+ year old car handy.  Steers
straight but still with a 60's sloppiness and vagueness.
Alignment was thing last done, after checking all linkages and  ball joints,
replacing pitman arm bushing, and adjusting steering box  lash.
In what way would alignment for radials differ, and with what  affect on
steering?
  Thanks,
Matt from L.I. ('66 Monza coupe  110/PG)