<VV> Corvairs in snow

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sat Jan 20 20:46:27 EST 2007

This is an actual story of Corvairs in snow....

46 years ago today, Jan. 20th, there was a large snow storm in North  Jersey.
I know this because of the following story that I have heard many  times....

My Dad wasn't too worried about the snow storm since he was the  owner of a
60 Corvair sedan, one of the first in NJ. What he didn't count on was  the snow
plows blocking the drive way with a very large amount of snow. Still,  when
the time came that he had to get the car out of the drive, he tried without
success. He ended up high centering the old Corvair. He headed back inside and
called the police, see my Mom had to get to the hospital because she was in
labor. Luck for me I got my first ride in a Corvair a couple of days later
coming home from the hospital.

The reason I'm thinking about that story tonight is that we're getting lots
of snow, about 8" so far.  I'm hoping that it will end soon and start
melting. My sedan is Group Red waiting for rebuilt suspensions and engine  cleaning
(too many deductions at last years Great Plains Roundup).

Ned