<VV> Wanted - long skirt TRW +.060 piston

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Jan 21 22:30:36 EST 2007

Short request:

I'm pretty sure I'm looking for one (only one) new or very good long
skirt TRW forged +.060 piston.  If you have one to sell, please let me
know how much.

Longer story (with photos at
http://autoxer.blogspot.com/2007/01/unfortunate-setback.html):

A few club members came over today for our regular meeting, and we made
the "cylinder holding tubes" out of some 1/2" copper pipe I had.

Then we pulled the #2 piston out of the engine from the blue Corsa that
had dropped the #2 intake seat.  Bad part - the piston top ring land
has crushed enough to trap the top ring, the piston is deformed enough
that the wrist pin doesn't move freely, and the barrel is cracked.  If
I can find a matching piston, I think I'll build the next engine with
this set.

I'm not entirely sure I want to use the Isky 270 cam that's in here, so
it may be for sale, along with the matching set of Source lifters.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa