<VV> Re: 140 woes

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 22 18:10:23 EST 2007

<<How could something as big as what I pulled out of the bottom of the bowl get into the carb through the gold stone. Is there something inside the carb that could be coming apart?>>

I have seen everything from a Schepps bottle cap to mouse hair and turds and insects and their offspring inside carburetors without any indication of how they could possibly get there. I suppose that if there is a vent, something will find it's way in. The fibrous stuff could be anything from some additive sluffing off the side of the carb bowl to a piece of plastic that got into the filter when it was being manufactured to the old mouse hair thing.

I agree with those who think our sintered bronze filters with a bypass spring are not the best alternative. I will sneak in an advertisement here that I have been using and supplying stainless steel replacements for several years at about the same price of the bronze rocks. In addition to filtering better, they show you what is in your gas, and are guaranteed to last the life of your car. I still also recommend a good inline filter to catch some of the moisture, however. Please drop me a private reply if you would like to have a pair of the replacements along with virtually leak proof coated metal gaskets for the fuel nuts.
The Carbmeister