<VV> Anti Skid Failure (NO CORVAIR)

bub049 at comcast.net bub049 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 22 21:29:09 EST 2007

Smitty,
For reasons unknown, the Blazer failed with total brake failure. She said the pedal went right to the floor and did not respond to pumping. I had it towed to the dealer and they replaced a wheel sensor. They felt they had the bug, but the brake failure happened a second time. Thank goodness it was not at an intersection that time. This time the dealer replaced all 4 wheel sensors and kept the truck for several days with the service manager driving it to make sure it was safe for my wife to drive. It turned out that the sensors were a problem in a certain group of 91-92 trucks and once they replaced all 4, the problem was gone. It was and still is the most bizarre brake problem I have ever encountered.
BobJ

Message: 4