<VV> RE: superfluous condenser?

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 22 22:56:18 EST 2007

Hi Cash,

There is one on each end of the primary coil winding.  The one inside the
distributer connects to the - (neg) side of the coil and protects the points
from burning.  The one on the positive side of the primary acts like a "high
pass" filter and shunts higher frequencys that are induced into the + (pos)
line by the coil to the chassis so they don't interfere with the radio.

Hope that helps,

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

Cash said:
>Does anyone know why there are two condensers in the ignition set up?
>There is the one inside the distributor and then there's one attaches
to the coil. Do these two do the same thing or do they have different