<VV> oil leak

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jan 22 23:44:43 EST 2007

I pack the inside lips of the seal with wheel bearing grease and then
smear a little around the outside (part that contacts the bellhousing)
and tap it in place.

I do apply sealer to the crankshaft bolts, but never had a bellhousing
seal leak where it seals against the bellhousing. But sealer here should
do no harm....

Do lubricate seal lips. Not many seals should be installed dry, none
that I can think of, especially o-rings in any application.

Frank DuVal