<VV> 2007 Rolex

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Thu Jan 25 09:02:57 EST 2007

Today's the day for qualifying for this years 24 hours.  It's raining and about 54 degrees.  This weekend will be more of the same.
Last night Rick and I went to Home Depot right beside the Speedway.  In front of us was a group of mechanics for the #85 Porsche team.  In there basket was a pressure treated 4 x6 board maybe about 3 feet long, 6 packages of JB Weld, some slide rules and a small plastic ribbed black hose, and some fine tooth saws.  They were speaking German.  Two left and the one fellow turned and looked at me.  I asked if the JB Weld was to hold the car together he looked at me and said yes.  Then he looked at me and said does it work good?  Rick and I chuckled and said, yeah it will work depending on what you are using it on.
The cashier then turned to us and said a Lamborghini crew was in early and bought at least 25 rolls of black electrical tape.  The cashier said he had tried talking to them but they didn't speak English.
Sarah