<VV> EM Heater Time

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 17:43:27 EST 2007

Hey, Devin - what Smitty said!

  I will only add two things from my experience gradually trying to get two daily drivers defrosting reasonably well:

  1) Besides the wet carpet thing, in the rain water can also enter the lower engine shouds through gaps where the sheet metal attaches. The vendors sell the little foam gaskets to take care of that.

  2) The CORSA Tech Guide contains a wealth of technical tips for maintaining and working on Corvairs, sort of the compiled wisdom of all the whizzes over the years. Included is some excellent step-by-step material on the heating system and where to look for leaks and clogs.

  If you have other questions let us know, we've been there and done that!

  <<Devin said:

Having been a Chevy guy forever, but a Corvair owner for only the last
2
years, I am in need of some information on EM heater systems.  I have
several symptoms, likely related, but I’m not sure which to tackle
first ...>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on