<VV> no corvair, 58 Fury's

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Fri Jan 26 15:31:37 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/26/2007 11:45:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
yenko117 at yahoo.com writes:

> I had a buddy who bought a REAL '58 Fury at Carlisle
> many years ago. He stated there were about 20 left
> nationwide. His was a little rough body-wise but
> complete and driveable. I think he paid 20K for in in
> '93. It was indeed that beige color.
> Not sure if the 20 left was true, but I had no reason
> to doubt it.

I believe it!   They were some of the worst handling cars of the
50's......hideous oversteer.....most ended in the ditch!

I purchased a wreck in 64  and  pulled the 383 TF..but not the Differential!
My latest sleeper... '56 Ply. Savoy Business coupe  had 4.10's!

Unfortunately, the '56's parking brake was on the PowerFlites tail
shaft....gone!

And  because the Driver side windshield / post / door were mangled...I had to
use the PF's pushbuttons...  R N D L   sound familiar?

I never lost it..but the poor guy I sold it to  drove it all the way back to
the east coast.......stopped to take a break...came out and the car had rolled
into a ravine !

The only way I could make the '56 act safely was to install  rear  folding
ladder bar.... did the deed.

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!