<VV> slide rule...with corvair content?

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Fri Jan 26 15:39:57 EST 2007

My freshman engineering class fall 74 was the last one that required a
slide rule; the next year calculators were required.  Though I used a
circular slide rule in high school (still have it), I used my dad's K&E
slide rule from the 1950s in college...still have it.  Purchased a HP
calculator shortly thereafter that ran me all thru school...still have
it.  Corvair content?  My 66 Monza ran me all thru college during that
time...undergrad engineering and co-op at NASA/Langley...still have it
too.

Nothing wrong with slide rules...engineering ran on them well into the
1970s.

Of course...I also remember computer punch cards, batch processing,
TTYs, and dumb terminals...but we won't go there...

Mark Noakes