<VV> RE: CORVAIR SPOILER - GREAT STORY

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Fri Jan 26 22:41:31 EST 2007

I'll second Andy Clark's version.  Roy Findlon, owner of CORSA  enterprises
in Van Nuys was the source of Herb Berkman's spoiler.  Herb did  not design it.
 Herb was/is pretty active in Corvair circles and Roy  provided parts for him
and Andy.  You'll see "Corsa Enterprises" painted in  gold leaf on the black
stripe area of his car in earlier photos.  Herb is a  personal friend, I drove
his car in slaloms quite often back then and we  were the club reps to the
Southern California Council of Sports Car Clubs  (SCCSCC). Andy got one of the
spoilers then too.  I wasn't aware of Rod's  role in the matter, but it makes
complete sense to me.  Roy was a great guy  - his other business, run out of
the same shop, was the repair of giant Mitchell  and Arriflex movie cameras. His
wife Crystal was almost always wearing heels, a  cocktail dress, and studded
earrings!  Quite a pair.
Craig Nicol