<VV> Time place marker GMI

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 09:52:32 EST 2007

It was a crusty GMI chem teacher who beat dimensional analysis into my head ca 1969.
It has served me well to this day.
I worked with a mech engineer (several years older than me) from a prestigious Soviet university who did not seem familiar with it, and from time-t-time got bad answers as a result.

--
Dan Timberlake

BTW with a slide rule you had to keep track of the decimal place. In my
junior year I found that calculators were making me forget how to do math
in my head so did not use one except for the finals. Too bad they do not
seem to teach dimensional analysis any more.

Padgett