<VV> JEEP OBD II Question... NO CORVAIR

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jan 27 11:39:37 EST 2007

You cannot short out pins to display a code. That worked on OBDI
vehicles, but not OBDII.  You need a code reader (or better yet a scan
tool which also lets you look at live data -- do you already have a
PDA? There are some good ones for both Palm and Windows Mobile).  If
you decide to just buy a simple code reader, they should come with a
decoder sheet that will help you figure out your Chrysler.  FLAPs
would sell code readers or you could probably find a cheaper one
online. It is unlikely that a Jeep dealer would sell  plain vanilla
code readers for home mechanics.

Jim Bukhard