<VV> shift tube

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 30 13:10:41 EST 2007

I have the Clark's setup on my car with no problems (DEFINITE
improvement over the stock paper wrapping and plastic ring). I could see
where the brass setup might be a little less forgiving than the delrin.
I could see where the rear bushing might cause some binding if the
engine and/or transmission mounts were worn and sagging badly. One
modification which might help the brass setup would be to drill and tap
a hole for a grease fitting and occasionally pump a SMALL amount of
grease into the bushing (I have not had any problems). With either the
key is to have an inner tube which is straight, round, and very smooth.

Mike Kost
SMCC