<VV> Shifter tube /soldering steel

RUSSELL DAVIS bluechipmach at verizon.net
Wed Jan 31 09:07:25 EST 2007

I just wanted to add to Frank Duvals reply about solerding steel. My most preferred method is this. I  will "tin" the steel part first,that is to say flow the solder on the steel part first,then wipe off the excess while still hot. (use a wet cloth for this,or you may wind up with a sign from Bill Invall). Then when you install the brass bushing, heat, and apply the solder, it will suck it up like crazy (capillary action) Gives you that nice warm "fuzzy" feeling that you did a good job!!!
  Russ Davis
  Vair Nut