<VV> 180 or 140

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Wed Jan 31 09:25:58 EST 2007

As usual, Spence has very good advice.

But I need to add, that unlike almost every other Corvair model, a real
'66 180 convertible carries such a value premium over its 140 stablemate
that this is one model worth getting "real uptight" about. If the body
tag agrees that it is an original '66 turbo vert, then it would likely
be worth taking back to a turbo engine.

Even if you wanted to drive a 140 (which I agree is a much nicer drive
than a stock 180) the values are so different you could sell the 180
vert and buy a much nicer 140... but if you're not going to sell in
either case, then don't worry about it.

Bill