<VV> EM Power Top recognition

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 23:25:44 EST 2007

I should have the opportunity soon to view a 64 vert project car w/power top
for a friend.  ("Everything's there, you just have to put it together" LOL)

I've heard (on this list probably) that there is a difference in the framing
for a manual vs a power top.  Seems that if a power motor is attached to a
manual framing it's harder for the motor forcing the driver to have to give
it a little helping hand.  Is it possible to tell the difference? How? What
do I measure?  I've never looked at vert top frames in detail, either LM or
EM.

This 64 will be a project for a non-corvair person but a well trained
jack-of-all-trades mechanic.  I've been working on 2 people at work trying
to get them involved.  This is the 2nd one I've been working on.  I hope to
take the 1st one this week to see a local '60 car for sale.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Barry Ellison
Corsa SC
2 lates, 2 earlies, +5 other WPs.
Really enjoyed my black corsa this week, even in the 14 degree weather.