<VV> RE: Two Questions

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun Jul 1 18:34:02 EDT 2007

    Smitty Says:  I made the electrical mod to the vacuum advance system for throttle tip-in.  Didn't take the car out and test it even though I knew timing might need readjusting.  Had to go out to a meeting yesterday so I was watching to see what effect the mod might have on driveability.  It was a real eye opener.  (big smile)  What had before been a very docile pleasant car to drive in town immediately became pretty balky off the line.  At one point it left me sitting wide eyed in the middle of an intersection, watching traffic bearing down on me as I backed off the throttle (against every instinct) to let the engine catch again.  Looks like I was right about needing to mess with the timing.
  Second Question.  Just like children and dogs, they never do what is expected.  Corvairs are the same.  Ever since I wrote to VV about the electrically powered run-on of the engine after the key was shut off, it has performed as designed.  Every time I shut the key off the engine stops immediately.  Somebody is screwing with me.  I would suspect the "big" Beef or one of his henchmen, but they live so far away.  I'll get back to you on what I find if the problem comes back.