<VV> 64 oil bath Air Filter

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 12:58:38 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/2/2007 9:54:19 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
g.hanlin at earthlink.net writes:

Another  data point - I have a 64 convertible built the 4th week of September
and  it has the earlier style oil bath air cleaner (dual pans, crosspiece
with  the oil bath sitting on top of it).  I can't *guarantee* that the oil
bath is original to the car, but the car was fairly original and had been
sitting since the mid 70's when I got it 11 years ago.

Greg  Hanlin

Well, Chevy had plenty of the early style Air cleaner parts around. The
style was used on the A/C cars and FC's through 1965. I'll bet someone (Dave
Newell or Clark Hartzel) could check release dates on the drawings for the later
Oil-bath Air cleaner piece parts and tell you approximately when it went  into
distribution. - Seth