<VV> Door locking problem - EM conv the door

Gary Mierzwa vairzwa at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 21:40:45 EDT 2007

Original:" Door locking problem - EM conv the door has two problems. ...
Second: The door will not lock with the inside handle or the key

Mr. Hawley,

Not sure about the door bouncing back open to the half latch, but with the
door handle problem, I think I may have an answer.

On the inside handle assembly, there is a 2-legged spring used to center the
handle.  If you look closely, you will see where the spring ends rest, they
may have worn a small notch(s) in the body of the handle assembly.  I used a
dremmel tool to smooth the notch into a gentle ramp.  I operated the handle
to get the movable piece of the assembly out of the way and held it out of
the way with vice grips while I smoothed the notches on the stationary part.

Hope this helps,

Gary Mierzwa
WFCC Chapter 325