<VV> viton vs polyacrylate

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Tue Jul 3 14:12:29 EDT 2007

Marginal?  Is that why nearly all dynamic engine seals use this type of
material?  I'm sure we're talking about the same thing. There are 2
issues with Viton in a dynamic environment. One is life of the seal
surface itself - the other is wear on the metal hub being sealed. Some
modern motors are being moved over to flurolastomer materials (such as
Viton) but there has to be a corresponding change in the
material/surface of the hubs. What is that all about?

I am going to contact my seal supplier to find out exactly what material
mine are made out of - poylacrylic seems to be a fairly generic term. Lon

www.corvairunderground.com