<VV> Spongy Brakes?

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 16:11:43 EDT 2007

I have bled the brakes after replacing the complete rear system from the rear "t" - lines to shoes - on the '65 convertible (this is every thing but the backing plates). I re-adjusted the automatic adjusters, and bled the brakes a second time. There was surprisingly very little air coming out the rear cylinders and about 3 good cycles gave me clear fluid at the rear cylinders. But upon test driving, I had almost a full pedal before any engagement, but decent braking after
pumping the pedal once. Prior to changing the rear system the brakes worked "better" than now (on the previously rebuilt master cylinder), but pulled to strongly to one side. I also checked and adjusted the fronts which have less than 1000 miles on them. (The pulling to one side is gone, and was related, I suspect, to a greasy left front shoe). Any advise will be appreciated.
This is the last thing to lick before declaring the restoration finished :-).
Thanks,
Grant