<VV> was Center section, early Air Cleaner, now Leg Update <rather long>

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 23:56:10 EDT 2007

Chuck, (and the rest of you interested in this ongoing saga)....
Sorry, I've been a bit busy working on a few vehicles (mostly mine)... more
on that later...
I saw the leg Dr last week... he last saw me back in October, told me to keep
doing the stretching excersizes, keep the cane handy, and try not to over-do
it...
The x-rays looked good, but the swelling is still pretty major in and around
the ankle and top of the foot. He said "get used to it... it's telling you
when you need to sit down and take a load off..."
I've not had health insurance all year (just hospitalization through
Medicare), so I had to pay for this visit, and I still owed him about $600 for some
previous stuff that wasn't covered last year.... I'd called earlier and asked
what the self pay was on a visit... "$85 + x-rays"... how much are the x-rays?
"$90 each".... they usually take 3 or 4, so I started to think what I could
hoc... I showed up with $120 in my hand, and told her to apply it however she
felt it needed to be done... the x-ray lady took 6 pictures, but on the second
one I told her the situation (I was paying for them, not the insurance
company)... she said " I'll just charge you for 3, ok?".... that was great...
Anyway, back to the Dr... he said "Since you're doing so well, I don't think
you need to schedule any further appointments with me, but keep my number
handy if a problem developes... this way you don't have to drive up here from
where you live (67 miles one way), and you save the insurance company money
too"... I told him about the self pay, how I still owed him from before, and how
things have been a bit tight for some time... he said "I wish all my patients in
your situation would be as up-front with me... as of now, you're paid in
full"... I told him I didn't tell him that to welch out of paying him... but he
told me "You've been an awesome patient... you're always in a great mood, and
you're recovering well... just think of this as one less worry."
I told him Androcles just pulled the thorn out of the lion's paw... he smiled
and said "Take care, and stay off those rocks."....
I still have several more bills that are just sitting there, and some of them
are being sooooo understanding.... it is very much appreciated.... I hope
they know that.... then there are others who call every day, and I tell them the
same thing... stand in line...
:-(
So, for the most part, I'm doing well... keeping the cane with me when I'm on
something other than level ground... sometimes my walking stick... trying not
to over-do it, but trying to get some excersize in, too...
As for the vehicles... the preacher was out of town 2 weeks ago, and asked me
to change the oil in his car & van (at the same time he asked that Sarah take
care of his birds - he raises exotic birds), so we were able to get a lot
done over that week... the rear shocks on the VW diesel went out... completely!
Within 72 hours.... it beat all I'd ever seen! So that had to be taken care
of... then Cheryl's Buick started making funny sounds... sounded like gravel in
the intake! Come to find out, the supercharger coupling was worn out... and
only at 167K miles! To top it off, both belt tensioners were fatigued, and the
harmonic balancer needs replacing (sounds like a midget is under the hood
hitting a bell with a hammer)... the Corvairs? The 64 still needs a rear wheel
bearing (but it runs great!), both Greenbriers need work, and the 69 needs a new
home (so I can get a rear wheel bearing AND pay one of those "oh so patient"
people I owe), but I need to fix the passenger side window... it seems the spot
weld that holds the window channel (what the window sits in) has come loose
from the piece that the rollers for the regulator slide in, and I also need to
replace the ignition switch, since it sometimes doesn't want to start with the
key (I just get out and hotwire it in the engine compartment)...
To top it all off, our dog, Sandy, died last Monday... we'd had her almost 13
years... it was hard.... real hard.... I'd not cried that much since my Dad
died...
So last month was an emotional roller coaster ride.... I'm hoping July is a
bit tamer....
Now, if we could just get some rain.... maybe I could sell these two riding
mowers I have for sale.....
:-)
You guys take care, and thanks for caring enough to ask.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Kentucky Corvair
1961 Greenbrier NEEDS A HEAD
1963 Greenbrier NEEDS A HOME
1964 700 sedan NEEDS REAR WHEEL BEARING
1969 Monza coupe FOR SALE