<VV> RE: Holiday posts (No-Corvair)

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Thu Jul 5 15:23:27 EDT 2007

I am absolutely NOT unpatriotic.  I love this country and all it stands (or at least stood) for.  I posted about not posting non-Corvair content or at least labeling it "non-Corvair" not because I don't like Hank, but because I like Virtual Vairs.  We do a pretty good job of keeping it focused on Corvair content and Hank of all people knows better - but he continues to post off-topic without even labeling it as such.

Not labeling non-Corvair posts as non-Corvair is disrespectful to everyone else on the list.  It seems that's fine with a bunch of you.  I think that's unfortunate.  I signed up for a Corvair discussion mail-list, not the latest feel-good, inspirational, personal trivia, "hey I mowed my lawn today", nonsense filled board.  Again, it seems quite a few of you want that.  In my opinion that just stinks.

If I'm in the minority in wanting to keep Virtual Vairs a Corvair list then I'll unsubscribe and stick with the forum at Corvair Center.  If the majority want to keep this a Corvair specific mail list, then speak up and say so.  I'm no bully, I'm not going to force my opinion on the majority.  If you guys want a chit-chat mail list, so be it.  If not, then don't give me a ration when I politely remind our most habitual offender of the rules.

mike H