<VV> VV Police /Thanks (NO CORVAIR)

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Jul 5 15:52:20 EDT 2007

Rick
That makes it 13-1.

Had to put no Corvair on there, Virginia has a finite number of crying towels.

All veterans need to hear is a "Thank You" every now and then. Try it the next time you're out in the stores, or on the street.  Don't be surprised if the Veteran gets a little choked up when you do it.  In many cases it may be the very first time that Veteran has ever had a citizen thank him for his service and sacrifice. I left the military in 1984, and the first time someone said "thank you for your service"
was in 2000. And it was a Bank officer telling me he couldn't give me a mortgage.
(I got one at another bank)

As for the V V police, they really do try to be even-handed, and give out as much rope as possible before doing something, and in some cases they let the rope out, and STILL do nothing.  That's CORSA politics. I've had my share of slack let out in years gone by, and when I was reprimanded, I learned from each experience.  Dennis was more than patient with me, and when I replaced him as Chairman, I knew how the rules could be broken, as I had broken most of them myself. I know how easy it is to forget to put on the No Corvair, and to forget to put on Humor.

What's NOT corvair isn't.  What some people's designation of what is Humor leaves much to be desired a large part of the time.

On National Holidays, and especially on days of Remembrance like the 4th, Veteran's Day and Memorial Day, I would think just about anyone on Digest wouldn't mind seeing a reminder that we should pause to think about our freedom, and those who provide it.  It's a privilige to live in this country, ask anyone who's lived somewhere else. Or as PM Blair said--Look at a country where people are trying to get IN instead of OUT, and you'll see a good country.

OTOH, we have our share of native born citizens who find it their objective in life to cry, moan and whimper about everything under the sun.   Like being pulled over by a policeman, for example.  But that's for another time.

Hank