<VV> Fw: Have a Shay Day (some Corvair)

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 5 20:30:10 EDT 2007

My Mom sends me these "inspirational" stories all the time. This was the
first one that truly moved me, so I thought it might move others. Judging by
several "thank you" e-mails, it seems I was right.
The kid dying shortly after was a little over the top, but taking it at face
value I find it hard to believe somebody concocted the story with nefarious
intent....
My good news this week is that I finally got my daily-driver 60/64 past the
"AirCare" test. After 4 failures, I turfed the '64 carbs and built a set of
'66s with .49 jets. With just the bench settings on them, the car started
and ran perfectly, so without any tweaks like retarding the timing,
increasing idle speed etc... I tried it as is. PASS! The car just runs
perfect now. I'm in Corvair Nirvana.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun

Please read:
http://www.snopes.com/glurge/chush.asp
for a well reasoned response to what a "Shay Day" may really mean.
Thanks,
John Herkenratt
Corvair Minnesota
(& past volunteer with Special Olympics Minnesota)