<VV> Re: hand controls and stick shift

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 22:43:23 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/5/2007 7:30:01 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

Scotty,  I'm not quite sure how you would build hand controls for  a stick
shift car.  Let's see, one hand for the clutch, one hand for  the shifter,
one hand for the throttle or brake, one hand for  steering.  I think you'd
have to train an octopus.

Later,  JR

I maybe didn't say it right. The left hand handles the steering; the left
leg (which works) does the clutch; the right leg--now that's where I have
problems.  The right hand does the shifting but that doesn't take much
time--leaving the right hand free for gas and brakes.  I have seen hand  controls used
for right-hand operation of the gas and brakes but the makers turn  up their
noses when I can't prove that I'm a wheelchair case.

Scotty from Hollyweird