<VV> First extended drive (addendum)

James Davis jld at wk.net
Fri Jul 6 12:40:47 EDT 2007

Could be several causes.  Most likely is a improperly adjusted TV rod
or the idle speed too high.   The low band could be improperly
adjusted.  There could be a leak in the vacuum line to the modulator
or a bad modulator diaphragm.  The vacuum modulator valve could be
sticking .    If the Powerglide has been rebuilt someone could have
left out or installed the down-shift timing valve,
upside-down.  Lastly, sticking valves in the valve body could cause
harsh closed throttle downshifts .
Jim Davis