<VV> Late carbs--early engine?

Kent Duncan kent_duncan at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 13:09:25 EDT 2007

Are there advantages/disadvantages to using LM carbs
and distributor on my previously stock '61 Monza?

The '61 was purchased "non-running", and had been
sitting for a few years, at least.  In the process of
bringing the motor back to life, I installed the carbs
and distributor I recently removed from my '66 110
(I'd upgraded to rebuilt units just for
reliability/cause I wanted to).  They seem to work
great.

I'm just in the "make it drivable" stage with the '61,
but even when it's finished, it'll be only used for
puttering around my small KS town.  The plan is to put
it on the road reliably and safely, but as
inexpensively as possible.  TIA!